Peppery Peanut Soup2014-12-05
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 4
- 2 tsp butter Butter, without salt
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped Celery, raw
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped Garlic, raw
- 1 Tbs flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 4 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1/4 cup light cream Cream, fluid, light (coffee cream or table cream)
- 3 Tbs peanut butter Peanut butter, smooth style, with salt
- 1/4 tsp salt Salt, table
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (m ore if desired)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced diagonally into very thin ovals
Melt butter in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium-low heat. Add the celery and garlic and cook them for two mins.
Stir in flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in the stock, peanut butter, salt and pepper, and simmer the mixture for 15 mins.
Stir in scallions and the cream, and let soup heat through before serving