Peanut Butter Sticks2013-06-20
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
- Course: Appetizers and Snacks, Breakfast and Brunch
- Skill Level: Easy
Kids.Men Everyone loves these!
- 1 large loaf sandwich bread, frozen
- 1 16oz jar smooth peanut butter Could use almond butter .
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1 8oz can unseasoned bread crumbs
Remove crust from bread and cut each slice into 8 pieces. Bake sticks at 250F until light brown, about 35 minutes.
(Bread sticks may be made ahead and stored in plastic bags).
Heat peanut butter,oil and sugar in top of a double boiler. Mix well. Place bread crumbs on cookie sheet with sides. Dip bread sticks a few at a time, into peanut butter mixture. Remove sticks from mixture with slotted spoon. Roll sticks in crumbs.
Stack log fashion, on wax paper to dry. May freeze. I suggested the almond butter for those allergic to peanuts
Average Member Rating
(-1 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe