- Cuisine: American
Make the day ahead . Similar to Creme Caramel This recipe serves 8
- 8 eggs Egg, whole, raw, fresh
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar Sugars, granulated
- 1/4 tsp salt Salt, table
- 2 13-14 oz cans evaporated milk Milk, canned, evaporated, without added vitamin A
- 2 tsp vanilla extract Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar Sugars, brown
Beat eggs with rotary beater until yolks and whites are well blended, Add granulated sugar and salt; mix well. Beat in the two cans of evaporated milk and add the vanilla.
Spread the brown sugar into the bottom of a 9x5x3 loaf pan, and pour the custard mixture gently into the pan over it.
Place in a 350 oven for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the centre come out clean. DO NOT COVER
Refrigerate overnight. Before serving run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn out onto a small platter
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe