- Cuisine: American
Crisp shape cookie with a coffee and chocolate bite This recipe serves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened Butter, without salt
- 3/4 cup sugar Sugars, granulated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 1/4 tsp baking powder Leavening agents, baking powder, double-acting, sodium aluminum sulfate
- 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- 4 Tbs Kahlua
- 2 Tbs instant coffee granules Coffee, instant, regular, powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract Vanilla extract
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate chips Chocolate chips, semisweet
- 3 Tbs half and half Cream, fluid, half and half
- 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy, gradually add sugar, beating well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; add to butter mixture beating at low speed until blended.
Stir together Kahlua, coffee granuales, and vanilla unitl coffee granuales dissolve. Add mixture to butter mixture beating until blended.
Turn dough out onto lightly floured surfrace and roll to 1/8 inche thickness. Cut into shapes and place 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes or until lightly brown.Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Mix half and half and chocolate chips in a microwave safe small bowl. Heat for 20-30 seconds unitl chocolate starts to melt. Whisk in sifted confectioner's sugar until blended well. Dip ends of cookies in coating and let cool on racks.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe