- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves
- Combine the following in a crockpot:
- 3 lbs chuck or rump roast
- 6 chopped garlic cloves Garlic, raw
- 2 bay leaves Spices, bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/4 cup apple cicer vinegar
- 1 chopped onion Onions, raw
- 2 Tbs whole black pepper Spices, pepper, black
Cook for a minimum of 6 hours, or until meat falls apart, adding water as necessary to keep covered. Cool meat and finely shred (plan on an hour or so to shred the meat!)
Remove broth from crockpot. Strain out and discard solid ingredients. Add meat back to crockpot.
Add to crockpot: 1 large can tomato sauce, 1/4 cup chili powder, 1/2 pound green chilis, roasted, skinned and sliced, 1/4 cup jalapeno juice, add enough broth to keep moist.
Cook two more hours. If you are really brave, instead of just jalapeno juice, use one jar of chopped jalapenos and jiuce. Serve with flour tortillas and roll them like burritos or tacos.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe