Chile Con Queso2013-06-20
- 2 lbs processed American cheese
- 2 large onions, minced
- 1 pound can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 4 oz cans green chile peppers, drained and mashed
- 2 Tbs worcestershire sauce
Melt cheese in top of double boiler over hot water. Blend in other ingredients and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve in chafing dish with corn chips for dipping. (Glance at the dip occasionally during the party to make sure it isn't skimming; if it is, give it a stir with a wooden spoon). Any leftover dip may be frozen successfully. To use again, allow to thaw at room temperature then reheat in top of double boiler.