- Cuisine: American
Nice combination of flavours but is relatively low in fat and calories. This recipe serves 6
- 8 pieces chicken (thighs or breasts), skinned
- 1/3 cup lemon juice Lemon juice, raw
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced Garlic, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil and thyme
- 2 bay leaves Spices, bay leaf, crumbled
- 4 tsp oil ( olive oil is best)
- 6 small onions, quartered Onions, raw
- 2 cups mushrooms (ABOUT 1/2 LB), quartered Mushrooms, raw
- 1 19 oz can tomatoes, drained & chopped Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average
- 1 14 oz can large pitted black olives, drained and halved Olives, black
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green beans, cut Beans, snap, green, canned, no salt added, drained solids
- Salt and Pepper Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
In shallow glass dish, sprinkle chicken with lemon juice, garlic, basil & thyme. Add bay. Let stand for 10 mins. Remove chicken and save marinade. In a large skillet, heat oil. Cook chicken til golden brown, 6 mins per side. Add onions and mushrooms to skillet, cook stirring 2 mins. Add marinate and tomatoes,stirring scrape up bits of browning.
Return Chicken with along with olives and bring to boil. Reduce heat, covered and simmer 40 mins. Uncover and increase heat to medium-low. add beans covering with liquid. Cook uncovered, 7 mins til tender. Skim fat and discard bay. Season to taste with salt and pepper.