Chicken in Sour Cream2015-02-21
- Cuisine: American
A favourite since I first served it many years ago. family loves this and it has been served to ambassadors as well as friends from all over the world. Very easy to do. This recipe serves 8
- 10 chicken breasts halves, See notes
- 1 large (2-10oz) can cream of mushroom soup ( I use 1mushroom and 1chicken) Soup, cream of mushroom, canned, condensed, commercial
- 2 packages dry onion soup Soup, onion mix, dehydrated, dry form
- 1/2 pint sour cream ( you can use low fat but not fat free)
- 1 Tbs lemon juice Lemon juice, raw
- 1 tsp dill weed Spices, dill weed, dried
- butter Butter, without salt
- pepper and paprika, see notes
Place chicken in a buttered dish skin side up. Dot each breast with butter and sprinkle with pepper and paprika. Combine remaining ingredients well and pour over chicken.
Bake at 350F for 11/4-1 1/2hr. til chicken is tender and sauce is brown.