Cherry Brie Tossed Salad2015-02-19
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 8
- 1 cup cider vinegar Vinegar, cider
- 1/2 cup sugar Sugars, granulated
- 1/4 cup olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 1 tsp ground mustard Mustard, Dijon
- 1 tsp poppy seeds Spices, poppy seed
- SALAD Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 1/3 cup sugar Sugars, granulated
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds Nuts, almonds, dry roasted, without salt added
- 8 cups torn romaine or spinach
- 8 oz Brie or Camembert, rind removed and cubed
- 1 6 oz package dried cherries or cranberries
In a jar with a tightfitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake until sugar dissolved.
For Salad: in a heavy pan , heat sugar over medium -low heat until melted about 10 mins. do not stir.
When sugar is melted, stir in almonds until lightly toasted and coated. Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine ,cheese, cherries. Shake dressing and drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with sugared almonds and toss to coat.