- Servings : 12
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 large sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 3 1/2 oz jar black lumpfish or whitefish caviar
- Lemon wedges and parsley for garnish
Grease bottom and sides of an 8- inch springform pan. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and mayonnaise until well blended. Spread in bottom of pan to make and even layer. Sprinkle with onion. Combine cream cheese and sour cream and beat until smooth. By spoonfuls, drop onto onion. With wet table knife, spread gently to smooth. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
At serving time, top with a layer of drained caviar, distributing it to the edges of the pan. Run a knife around sides of pan. Loosen and lift off sides. Arrange lemon wedges in open pinwheel. Fill center with parsley sprigs.
Serve with small slices of pumpernickel bread.