Cauliflower Soup Provencale2015-02-19
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 6
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets and stems removed
- 3 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled seeded chopped Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average
- 1 cup chopped onion Onions, raw
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped Garlic, raw
- 1 tsp dried basil Spices, basil, ground
- 1/2 cup dry white wine Alcoholic beverage, wine, table, white
- 1 tsp salt and pepper Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce (preferably the white for chicken)
- 2 Tbs cut fresh dill or chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- 1 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
Blanch the cauliflower florets in 2 quarts of boiling water for one minute Drain florets in colander and set aside
Pour stock into a large pot. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, dried basil, wine,salt and some pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 10 mins, stirring once.
Add the cauliflower and simmer the soup until florets are tender-----10-15 mins. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 10 mins. to meldthe flavours.
Stir in dill or other fresh herbs and butter.