Cauliflower and Onion Soup2015-01-24
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 4
- 1 cup chopped onion, parboiled?
- 2 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
- 2 Tbs flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 3 cups cauliflower flowerets
- 1 cup milk Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 1/4 cup heavy cream Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
- salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of cayenne
- Parsley to garnish Parsley, raw
In a large pot, saute onions in butter, add flour. Cook the roux over low heat for 3 mins. Remove from heat and add chicken stock in a stream, stirring til smooth.
Add cauliflowerand bring to boil. Simmer for 30 mins til cauliflower is very tender. Puree in batches in a blender, being careful not to fill more than 1/2.
Return to pot add milk ,cream and seasonings. Cook until heated through. Pour into bowls and garnish with parsley
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe