Cappuccino of Forest Mushroom2014-12-19
- Cuisine: American
This recipe came to me via the Hyatt Regency in Riyadh KSA. They use Forest mushrooms but I can not always find them so I use brown (cremini) mushrooms. It is an interesting presentation. This recipe serves 4
- 350 ml chicken stock (mixed with mushroom fond* if you wish)
- 350 ml double cream*
- 1 large shallot (or 2 small or 1/2 red onion)
- some cornstarch/flour, dissolved in not more than 1 tablespoon water
- 100 g fresh forest mushrooms
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
- Whipping Cream, whipped to soft peaks
- thinly sliced carrots, and mushrooms
- slivered sun dried tomatoes Tomatoes, sun-dried, packed in oil, drained
Mix stock and cream, bring to boil.
Panfry roughly chopped mushrooms and shallots until shallots are glazed.
Shred this mixture in a blender. Add to stock cream mixture, add seasonings to taste.
Thicken slightly with the cornstarch mixture.