- Cuisine: American
Another version which is very good. It is beef based This recipe serves 6
- 2 cups cold beef stock
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled,seeded,and finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped Onions, green, spring or scallions (includes tops and bulb), raw
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped Peppers, sweet, green, raw
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Garlic, raw
- 1 cup tomato or vegetable juice Tomato and vegetable juice, low sodium
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar Vinegar, red wine
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce Sauce, ready-to-serve, pepper, TABASCO
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce Sauce, Worcestershire
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped Parsley, raw
- salt and pepper Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
Pour the beef stock into a large bowl, then add the cucumbers, scallions,bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, tomato juice, red wine,vinegar and tabasco. Stir until the ingredients are well combined and season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, then add the worcestershire and parsley.
Serve the gazpacho in chilled bowls.