Beef Satay With Peanut Sauce2013-06-20
- Servings : 16
- 8 8-inch bamboo skewers
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro, snipped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless beef sirloin steak, partially frozen
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 tsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, ground
- hot red chili peppers (optional)
Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour.
Stir together the cup of coconut milk, cilantro, and curry powder in a shallow dish. Slice beef across grain into strips about 1/4 inch thick and 3 inches long. Thread lengthwise accordion style onto skewers. Add to marinade, turning to coat beef. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Broil skewered beef 3-4 inches from heat, 5 to 6 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade occasionally.
Prepare Peanut Sauce: Combine the 3/4 cup coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, and peanuts in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling ; reduce heat . Simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Serve satay hot with peanut sauce. Garnish with hot red chili peppers if desired.