Baby Hot Browns2013-06-20
- Servings : 24
- 24 slices pumpernickel bread, party rye
- 3 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crumbled and devided
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
Arrange bread slices on a lightly greased baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; add flour, and cook, whisking constantly until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add cheddar cheese, whisking until the cheese melts. Stir in diced turkey, salt and ground red pepper.
Top bread evenly with warm cheese and turkey mixture, sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese and half of the bacon.
Bake at 500F for 2 minutes or until parmesan cheese is melted. Top with tomato slices, and sprinkle evenly with remaining bacon