Stuart’s 2011 Cooking Goals
2010 was an adventure in baking for me. I have never made so many tarts and breads in my life. So what are some of my goals for 2011?
1. Mise en place – Everything in it’s place and a place for everything, but it is much more for me. Read all of the recipe in advance before I start. Get out all of the ingredients. Have an organized pantry.
2. Whole grains – Continue to incorporate more whole grains in baking and general cooking.
3. More vegetables – Expand the variety of vegetables and try more recipes. Along that line we will try to have at least two dinners a week without meat.
4. Chocolate – Experiment in the creative artistry of making chocolate. It simply fascinates me.
5. Sustainabilty – Try to cook more with the season, with local produce including our own garden. Recycle more if possible and compost. For our own sustainability, cook more healthy meals.
6. Cuisine – Test recipes in at least two types of cuisine every month.
7. Food challenges – Enter a food challenge every month.
8. Transfer knowledge – Share our knowledge and cooking experiences with our children.
9. Historical recipes – Cook more recipes from the three meals a day cookbook and provide a new updated version for those recipes.
10. Blogging – Have the rest of my family blog more, add new features, and have my wife edit my blogs before posting. My brother Doug gets a pass since he is on duty in Afghanistan………the rest of you……..no passes. 🙂
Well that is more than enough goals for this household I wonder how well we will do this year.
Happy New Year!