Stuart’s 2011 Cooking Goals
2010 was an adventure in baking for me. I have never made so many tarts and breads in my life. So what are some of my goals for 2011?
1. Mise en place – Everything in it’s place and a place for everything, but it is much more for me. Read all of the recipe in advance before I start. Get out all of the ingredients. Have an organized pantry.
2. Whole grains – Continue to incorporate more whole grains in baking and general cooking.
3. More vegetables – Expand the variety of vegetables and try more recipes. Along that line we will try to have at least two dinners a week without meat.
4. Chocolate – Experiment in the creative artistry of making chocolate. It simply fascinates me.
5. Sustainabilty – Try to cook more with the season, with local produce including our own garden. Recycle more if possible and compost. For our own sustainability, cook more healthy meals.
6. Cuisine – Test recipes in at least two types of cuisine every month.
7. Food challenges – Enter a food challenge every month.
8. Transfer knowledge – Share our knowledge and cooking experiences with our children.
9. Historical recipes – Cook more recipes from the three meals a day cookbook and provide a new updated version for those recipes.
10. Blogging – Have the rest of my family blog more, add new features, and have my wife edit my blogs before posting. My brother Doug gets a pass since he is on duty in Afghanistan………the rest of you……..no passes. 🙂
Well that is more than enough goals for this household I wonder how well we will do this year.
Happy New Year!
posted by Heather Lee on January 3, 2011
Excited to get some cooking lessons from you. In return I’ll blog more!